When you visit our website, we will collect information from you via cookies, text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device. Our cookies are used to recognize a visitor’s device and save preferences, enable efficient navigation between our webpages and allow us to compile statistical data on visitor’s use of our site in order to improve our websites performance.
4.1 How we use your personal information and marketing:
We will only use the information we collect about you through our website in the ways outlined here.
We will use the information you give us to:
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we or they will contact you by electronic means. We will only use your personal data in this way if you consent to it by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
4.2 We will use the information we collect about you to:
- Manage our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website to ensure that content is well presented for you and for your computer;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine the information about you which we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you, for the same purposes set out above. Where you have consented, we will send you marketing information regarding our products and services.
4.3 Our lawful bases for processing your information
We will only process your data in line with data protection legislation.
In specific situations, we will collect and process your information with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to subscribe to email newsletters. We will always make it clear to you what you are consenting to and what information is necessary for which services.
4.5 Contractual obligations
In certain circumstances, we need your information to carry out our contractual obligations. For example, if you commission of request a quote for products or services, we will use your personal data to compile the quote and fulfil or commence the contract.
4.6 Legal obligations
If we are required to by law, we may need to collect and process your information. For example, we pass on the details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Vega Pumps Group to the relevant authorities.
4.7 Legitimate interests
In specific situations, we require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which you might reasonably expect as part of running our business and operating our website, and which will not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
For example, if you are an existing client, we may use your browsing history to send you or make available personalized offers. We may also combine the browsing history of many users to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products and services.
4.8 How long we keep your information
Whenever we collect your information, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your information will either be deleted or anonymized, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
4.9 How we share your information
We are a global business and we may share your information with the companies within the Vega Pumps.
Where there is a lawful basis, we may share your information with other select third parties, such as:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- Analytics providers and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website and the running of our business.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Vega Pumps Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or